Marketing and promotions plan
To develop and promote a highly sought after Northern Cape tourism brand and encourage brand alignment with partners
- Ensure that the Northern Cape Brand and destination is top of mind locally, provincially, nationally and internationally by being physically visible and accessible.
- Make the brand more visible by producing and distributing quality leisure and business destination marketing material
To exceed average national growth levels pertaining to South Africans visiting, staying and spending on holiday travel in the Northern Cape
- Solicit support and encourage an improved knowledge base of tour operators and wholesalers selling the destination.
- Maximize media coverage opportunities to position the Northern Cape as a desirable holiday destination.
- Profile and promote the destination provincially and nationally as a desirable and unique holiday destination to our targeted segments.
- Improve brand and destination awareness in key source markets by participation and creating destination presence on domestic platforms.
- Grow the market to combat seasonality and spread and numbers
To optimize international visitor numbers, length of stay and expenditure in the Northern of all key tourism markets
- Solicit support and encourage an improved knowledge base of international inbound tour operators and wholesalers selling
- Maximize international media coverage opportunities to position the Northern Cape as a desirable holiday destination
- Profile and promote the destination internationally as a desirable and unique holiday destination to international consumers in targeted markets
- Improve brand and destination awareness in key source markets by participation and creating destination presence on international platforms
Measure provincial performance through strategic research and information development
- Develop effective and strategic e-marketing strategies to ensure flow and management of information
- Measure and track the tourism performance of the Northern Cape as destination of choice
- Establish efficient relationships with our core audiences through a series of targeted and strategic communiqués
- Implement the new domestic strategy and targeted market segmentation promotions to ensure provincial and seasonal spread
- Ensure continuous strategic distribution of all marketing collateral, printed and on e-marketing platforms
Reduction of barriers to conduct business and provision of support for industry transformation
- To lobby and campaign for improved access to destination
- To assist SMMEs from previously disadvantaged communities to gain access to tourism markets in support of BEE
To maintain relations with complementary organizations and coordinating tourism structures
To attract and stage high-revenue Conferences, Meetings, Incentives, Exhibitions and Events
- Establish and implement a Provincial Convention Bureau
- Provide Bid Support to identified Associations and Sport bodies to secure association meetings, corporate meetings, incentives and sporting events
- Develop database of business events and support the growth of the business sector throughout the province
- Solicit support and encourage an improved knowledge base of Professional Conference Organisers, Event Management Companies and Incentive buyers